Today I have a new Christmas project to share. I have tried to provide you with a photo tutorial and I hope that I am clear in my explanations. I found a mood board at StampNation’s Christmas card challenge. Let’s get started!
This photo is showing the tools that I used for my project. I have created with several companies’ products to make my Christmas card. I have used Catherine Pooler’s amazing dye inks along with her quarterly Stamp of Approval Winterhaven stamps and dies. Other products include Concord & 9th’s and Spellbinder’s dies. All of my cardstock is from Gina K Designs.
These next two photos show everything stamped out and ready for the dies. The “close up” is for a closer look at the clear embossing on the poinsettia. When stamping with Catherine Pooler’s inks you have a window before the ink dries to use embossing powder.
It’s now ready for assembly. Can y’all see my “oops”? That sentiment stamping did not work out on the saturated background. More dies to the rescue. I die cut the sentiments three times and used liquid adhesives to marry them. I try and use more than one layer on most of my die cut sentiments. It really adds that dimension that you need.
Ta Da…the finished card. I added several layers of cardstock to enhance the red and turquoise mood board that was supplied by StampNation.
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me. I might not make it back to my blog for a while, but I wanted to wish everyone “Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!”
Affiliated links are listed below at no cost to you. The supplies for making this project were purchased by me. If you click on the pics below (you have a choice of several online stores) and make a purchase, I get a commission. I want to thank everyone for their continued support of my art.